Privacy and Security
1. This site is provided as a public service by GCSS-Army, Petersburg, Virginia.
2. Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster to report both technical and information problems with the website specifically, including accessibility problem.
The appearance of external hyper links does not constitute endorsement of those web sites by the Department of Defense or the U.S. Army, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities, the Department of Defense and the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. These links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this military web site. This web site does not solicit or accept requests for links.
GCSS-Army does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser. GCSS-Army does use session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, in order to (make the site easier for you to use). No database of information obtained from these cookies is kept and when you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer. Session cookies make a site easier for you to use, as they "remember" and cache information that save you time in filling out forms, for example. We don't keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but you may need to enter the same information repeatedly in the form, for instance. If you choose not to accept cookies, the help information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable them.
Accessibility (Section 508) Information
The United States Army is dedicated to making all information and technology available to individuals with disabilities. In 1998, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments, as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998, issued accessibility standards setting forth electronic and information technology performance criteria. As amended, Section 508 requires that when Federal agencies develop, procure, maintain, or use electronic and information technology, they must ensure that this information is accessible to every individual. At the GCSS-Army Website, we want all viewers to be able to experience the GCSS-Army web pages. We have and continue to strive to be sure all sections of www.gcss.army.mil are in compliance with Section 508 standards. If you find something that is not compliant, or if there is a page/link that does not permit viewing or reading using a scanner, please let the Webmaster know, with the specific page that has issues. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster.